Christophe Baron, most famous for his vineyards in The Rocks, has a new discovery, a very steeply sloped basalt hillside vineyard called Hors Catégorie located on the north fork of the Walla Walla River near the Oregon border with Washington State. It’s a small vineyard, just 2.2 acres, planted in 2011, and already producing one of America’s most outstanding Syrahs. We toured the vineyard with Christophe, who explains the site and its challenges in his own words in this video on the International Wine Review YouTube Channel.
- The White Burgundies of Louis Jadot from the Challenging 2018 Vintage October 8, 2021
- The Wines of Aivalis of Nemea October 7, 2021
- Hanzell Vineyards: Sonoma’s Historic Chardonnay Winery October 5, 2021
- Ernest Hemingway, Pliny the Elder, Julia Child, Pope John XXIII & Others on Wine October 2, 2021
- Dinner and Wine at Primo on Maine’s Atlantic Coast October 1, 2021
- Bodegas Ochoa of Navarra: Current Releases September 27, 2021
- Kistler Chardonnay: A Review of the 2018 Portfolio September 21, 2021
- Value Wines from Argentina, Chile, Spain and California September 14, 2021
- The Sonoma Coast Pinot Noirs of Ross Cobb: The 2018 Vintage September 7, 2021
- Passionate About Grenache September 4, 2021
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.