Scientific research carried out over the past few years demonstrates that moderate consumption of wine can result in health benefits. This article, originally published in the Jen Reviews blog, lists 15 health benefits with links to the supporting evidence. Many of the benefits are associated with wine’s well-known anti-oxidant properties, especially the resveratrol in red wine. The most important benefits concern cardiovascular illnesses. In addition to the Jen Reviews blog, a recent New York Times article reviewing the scientific evidence concludes that moderate wine consumption is associated with lower rates of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and death.
- Teliani Valley: Outstanding Values from a Modern Georgian Winery November 30, 2020
- The Vineyards at Dodon: Organic Viticulture in Practice November 19, 2020
- Selections from Portugal: Affordable Current Releases November 18, 2020
- Mt. Airy’s Black Ankle Vineyards: Maryland’s Vinous Star November 16, 2020
- New Releases from Maryland’s Linganore Winecellars November 11, 2020
- Wines to Brighten Up Your Thanksgiving November 10, 2020
- Battuello Vineyards: A Napa Grower’s New Wines November 9, 2020
- Cottanera’s New Releases from Sicily’s Mt. Etna November 2, 2020
- Albariños from the Palacio de Fefiñanes: Current Releases October 29, 2020
- Tezza: Current Releases of Amarone and Ripasso from the Valpantena Valley October 26, 2020
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.