Scientific research carried out over the past few years demonstrates that moderate consumption of wine can result in health benefits. This article, originally published in the Jen Reviews blog, lists 15 health benefits with links to the supporting evidence. Many of the benefits are associated with wine’s well-known anti-oxidant properties, especially the resveratrol in red wine. The most important benefits concern cardiovascular illnesses. In addition to the Jen Reviews blog, a recent New York Times article reviewing the scientific evidence concludes that moderate wine consumption is associated with lower rates of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and death.
- The Sordo Barolos from Eight Different Crus April 21, 2021
- Latest Releases from The Farm Winery in Paso Robles April 21, 2021
- DAOU Vineyards: The Pursuit of Excellence March 26, 2021
- Galicia’s Little Known Red Wines March 15, 2021
- Treixadura from Ribeiro in Galicia February 25, 2021
- High Value Wines from the Southern Cone February 17, 2021
- Dutton Goldfield Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from the Excellent 2018 Vintage February 12, 2021
- Paul Lato Wines: Artisanal Winemaking at its Best February 3, 2021
- The Organic Wines of BARRA of Mendocino February 3, 2021
- Red Blends from Portugal’s Alentejo Region February 1, 2021
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.