Scientific research carried out over the past few years demonstrates that moderate consumption of wine can result in health benefits. This article, originally published in the Jen Reviews blog, lists 15 health benefits with links to the supporting evidence. Many of the benefits are associated with wine’s well-known anti-oxidant properties, especially the resveratrol in red wine. The most important benefits concern cardiovascular illnesses. In addition to the Jen Reviews blog, a recent New York Times article reviewing the scientific evidence concludes that moderate wine consumption is associated with lower rates of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and death.
- West Coast Rosé of Pinot Noir: Not Just for Summer September 15, 2022
- Pelliegrini’s Three Shades of Pinot Noir September 14, 2022
- Victor Mendes: From Successful Wine Retailer to Negociant September 5, 2022
- Crimson Lane Vineyards: An Exciting New Quality-Oriented Winery in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains September 5, 2022
- Iliana Malihin: Fire and Wine in Crete August 30, 2022
- Lyrarakis Winery: Saving Crete’s Indigenous Grapes August 28, 2022
- New Releases from Bodega Marichal of Canelones, Uruguay August 22, 2022
- 2021 Italian Rosatos of Sangiovese & Other Varieties August 17, 2022
- Morét-Brealynn: A New Promising Pinot Noir Label August 16, 2022
- Italy’s Rosé from a White Grape: Valentino Butussi’s Pinot Grigio Ramato August 15, 2022
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.