Scientific research carried out over the past few years demonstrates that moderate consumption of wine can result in health benefits. This article, originally published in the Jen Reviews blog, lists 15 health benefits with links to the supporting evidence. Many of the benefits are associated with wine’s well-known anti-oxidant properties, especially the resveratrol in red wine. The most important benefits concern cardiovascular illnesses. In addition to the Jen Reviews blog, a recent New York Times article reviewing the scientific evidence concludes that moderate wine consumption is associated with lower rates of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and death.
- Kistler Chardonnay: A Review of the 2018 Portfolio September 21, 2021
- Value Wines from Argentina, Chile, Spain and California September 14, 2021
- The Sonoma Coast Pinot Noirs of Ross Cobb: The 2018 Vintage September 7, 2021
- Passionate About Grenache September 4, 2021
- Wrath Vineyards of Monterey: 2019 Releases September 2, 2021
- California’s Castello di Amorosa: Sangiovese and More July 7, 2021
- Clarice 2019 Pinot Noirs from the Santa Lucia Highlands July 3, 2021
- Domaines Ott: Outstanding 2020 Rosés June 14, 2021
- Blue Rock Vineyard: New Releases from Sonoma County June 4, 2021
- Exploring Georgian Wine: The Khareba Winery May 24, 2021
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.