Trentadue Winery is one of the finest family wineries in Alexander Valley. Established some 40 years ago by Leo and Evelyn Trentadue, the winery has gained a well-deserved reputation for producing some of California’s best value Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and other premium reds. The winery also produces wines of outstanding quality in a reserve series called La Storia. The wines in this series are sourced from old vines and special parcels and benefit from extended barrel aging. We recently reviewed the new releases of Trentadue. We were especially impressed with the 2009 Viognier (90 Points), which was new to us, and with the 2009 La Storia Zinfandel 40th Anniversary Collector’s Edition (92 Points). Consumers should find these wines very attractive for their quality-to-price ratio. The wines are made by one of Alexander Valley’s renowned winemakers, Miro Tcholakov. The full reviews of these wines can be found on our home page.
- Smith-Madrone: Wine, Fire, and Economics in Napa January 19, 2022
- Revisiting Sherry: Bodegas Dios Baco January 10, 2022
- Current Releases from Sicily’s Mt. Etna January 7, 2022
- The Wines of Ktima Avantis on Greece’s Evia Island January 6, 2022
- Special Holiday Gifts for Wine Lovers: Selections from the Finest Wines Reviewed in 2021 December 14, 2021
- Vriniotis: Modern Greek Wines from the Aegean December 5, 2021
- Winemaker Bill Brosseau’s 2019 Testarossa Pinot Noirs December 1, 2021
- Contratto: Excellent Vermouths from the Piedmont November 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving 2021: Enjoy the Best of American Sparkling Rosés November 13, 2021
- The 2019 Testarossa Chardonnays from Central California’s Premium Vineyards October 31, 2021
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.