Trentadue Winery is one of the finest family wineries in Alexander Valley. Established some 40 years ago by Leo and Evelyn Trentadue, the winery has gained a well-deserved reputation for producing some of California’s best value Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and other premium reds. The winery also produces wines of outstanding quality in a reserve series called La Storia. The wines in this series are sourced from old vines and special parcels and benefit from extended barrel aging. We recently reviewed the new releases of Trentadue. We were especially impressed with the 2009 Viognier (90 Points), which was new to us, and with the 2009 La Storia Zinfandel 40th Anniversary Collector’s Edition (92 Points). Consumers should find these wines very attractive for their quality-to-price ratio. The wines are made by one of Alexander Valley’s renowned winemakers, Miro Tcholakov. The full reviews of these wines can be found on our home page.
- Retsina: The Quality Revolution of Greece’s Historic Wine June 29, 2022
- Ktima Voyatzi of Western Macedonia June 27, 2022
- Italian Wines from the Cellar Paired with Roberto Donna’s Cooking June 26, 2022
- South African Rosé: Selections from the 2021 Vintage June 9, 2022
- Titus Vineyards: Impressive New Releases from Napa Valley May 26, 2022
- Raventós i Blanc and Can Sumoi: New Releases May 21, 2022
- New Releases of BARRA and Girasole Wines from Mendocino County May 21, 2022
- Rosés from the Peloponnese, Central Greece and its Neighbors May 18, 2022
- Tongue Dancer: Exciting New Releases from Sonoma & Mendocino May 16, 2022
- The Rosés of Crete May 13, 2022
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.