This past Sunday afternoon I visited good friends in Potomac, Md who I had not seen for awhile. He had grown a beard, a white one which made him look so distinguished and learned. She, vivacious as ever, showed her usual warmth and enthusiastically showed me the wonderful food and wine she had gathered for the occassion. Offered a glass of wine, I noted they had a bottle of Boutari’s 2008 Santorini being chilled in the refrigerator. I couldn’t help but feel moved by seeing this bottle, as it reminded me of my visit to Santorini this past summer and time spent at a seminar at Boutari learning about Assrytiko. I also realized that my friends who are subscribers to the International Wine Review, had read our recently published report on Santorini and Assyrtiko and had purchased the Boutari wine for the occassion. It was a wonderful surprise and I was struck by the freshness of the wine and its minerality, and clean intense flavors of the sea. We drank it with delicious crab cakes, vine leaves and other wonderful appetizers. And I couldn’t help but feel so lucky to have such thoughtful friends and to be able to revisit Santorini on a Sunday afternoon.
- Fine Wines from Roero in the Piedmont: New Releases from Negro Angelo e Figli August 1, 2020
- Alvaro Castro: Outstanding Selections from the Dão July 31, 2020
- Siduri Pinot Noir: Latest Releases from California and Oregon July 23, 2020
- Cameron Hughes: An American Negociant Offering Wines of Superb Value July 20, 2020
- James MacPhail’s Tongue Dancer: New Releases from Russian River Valley and the Sonoma Coast July 20, 2020
- Luis Seabra Vinhos: Wines from the Douro and Vinho Verde July 17, 2020
- Flora Spring of Napa Valley: Current Releases July 14, 2020
- The Azores Wine Company: Volcanic Wines from the Azores July 10, 2020
- Ron Rubin’s Very Good Value Wines from the Russian River Valley July 10, 2020
- The Authentic Spanish Wines of Alberto Orte July 5, 2020
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.