Receive Article Updates
- J Lohr Vineyards New Releases from Paso Robles, Napa & Arroyo Seco
- Herdade do Rocim: New Releases from Portugal’s Alentejo
- German Rieslings from the Mosel: SA Prüm, Willi Haag, and Dr H Thanisch
- Morgan Winery: New 2016-2017 Releases from the Santa Lucia Highlands and Monterey
- Quady North: Serious Rosé from Oregon
- Galicia’s Quinta da Muradella: Authentic Wines from Monterrei
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
- Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine
- Freeman Winery’s 2015-2016 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Releases from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Tag Archives: Syrah
These six new 2013 and 2014 releases from The Farm Winery in Paso Robles are terrific. We are enthusiastic about them because they reveal outstanding vineyard management and restrained winemaking. As a group these wines offer fruit forward purity, … Continue reading
Two of the Southern Rhone’s premier winemakers—Michel Gassier and Philippe Cambie—have teamed up with Bob Bertheau of Chateau Ste. Michelle to make wines from Rhone varieties grown in Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Their venture is called Tenet Wines, and we … Continue reading
Sol Rouge is a 70-acre family estate vineyard and winery located in the Mayacama Mountains of Lake County, California just north of Napa Valley. it is situated at elevations of over 1800 feet in the foothills of a dormant volcano … Continue reading
Shane Finely is an affable and very talented young winemaker. He is one of a new generation of winemakers in Sonoma County who are making a name for themselves in the industry. Although only in his 30s Shane has had … Continue reading
VIE us a small urban winery located in San Francisco. It was started in 2004 by winemaker, Bryan Kane with the support of a small group of friends. It crafts Rhone style wines and Zinfandel from grapes sourced from outstanding … Continue reading
Wrath Wines has once again provided us a rich collection of new releases of their 2012 whites and 2011 reds. There are 16 wines reviewed here each offering different expressions of Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah. Most of … Continue reading
David Lake (1943-2009) was one of the most influential pioneers in the history of the Washington State wine industry. He is credited with producing Washington State’s first vineyard-designated wines as well as the state’s first Syrah.
When we last went to Chile we stopped by Antiyal, Álvaro Espinoza (pictured here) and Marina Ashton’s estate in Chile’s Upper Maipo Valley. In the Chilean world of huge commercial wineries, Álvaro and Marina’s venture is unusual. Their estate is … Continue reading
The Costiéres de Nîmes is the southernmost wine growing region of the Rhône Valley. Located southwest of Chateuneuf-du-Pape, the Costiéres de Nîmes appellation includes part of the Camargue Rhône delta, bordering the Rhone to the east and including the ancient, … Continue reading