Receive Article Updates
- J Lohr Vineyards New Releases from Paso Robles, Napa & Arroyo Seco
- Herdade do Rocim: New Releases from Portugal’s Alentejo
- German Rieslings from the Mosel: SA Prüm, Willi Haag, and Dr H Thanisch
- Morgan Winery: New 2016-2017 Releases from the Santa Lucia Highlands and Monterey
- Quady North: Serious Rosé from Oregon
- Galicia’s Quinta da Muradella: Authentic Wines from Monterrei
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
- Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine
- Freeman Winery’s 2015-2016 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Releases from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Tag Archives: Douro
Over the past two decades, Portugal has made dramatic progress in producing world class red and white table wines. Today, in the Douro, the Dão, Alentejo and other regions many talented winemakers are crafting exciting wines from an amazing myriad of … Continue reading
This historic quinta (estate), one of the finest in the Douro, was founded in 1877 by the legendary Port producer Dona Antónia Adelaide Ferreira. Today it is owned by her great grandson the affable Francisco “Tito” Olazabal, former Managing Director … Continue reading
As we highlight in our October 2010 report on The New Wines of Portugal, the itinerant consulting winemaker is an increasingly familiar figure in Portugal’s modern wineries. Rui Cunha is one of the more prominent consultants, and we tasted his … Continue reading