Receive Article Updates
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
- Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine
- Freeman Winery’s 2015-2016 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Releases from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast
- Argentina’s Domaine Bousquet: High Altitude Selections from the Uco Valley
- Tannat and More from Uruguay’s Bodega Marichal
- Mt. Beautiful of North Canterbury: New Releases
- Failla Spring Releases: 2016 Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah
- The Provence Rosés of Château de Roquefeuille
- Obrigado: Impressive New Releases from Portugal
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Tag Archives: Chenin Blanc
Eben Sadie is often proclaimed as South Africa’s most original and talented winemaker. 2015 is cited as one of South Africa’s greatest vintages ever. And the vineyards that Eben sources fruit from for his Ouwingerdreeks [Old Vine Series] are among … Continue reading
As described in our recent Special Report on South African Value Wines, we recently evaluated over 175 South African wines imported to the US with a suggested retail price under $20. All of these wines provide a very enjoyable drinking … Continue reading
Blaauwklippen Valley is one of several areas of Stellenbosch that we’ve visited on our South Africa trip. This valley provides excellent growing conditions for producing elegant and rich tasting Syrah and aromatic whites like Chenin Blanc and Viognier. But it’s … Continue reading
We recently tasted the first releases of the Southern Hemisphere’s 2011 vintage to arrive in the States. We’ll be tasting a lot more on our upcoming trip to South Africa and will report on them later. The 2011 vintage was … Continue reading
Chenin Blanc not only makes some of the world’s greatest wines, it is also one of the wine kingdom’s most versatile grapes. The Loire Valley is home to Chenin Blanc, and many of its wines are not only of superb … Continue reading
South African Chenin Blanc: Some of the Best from Raats, Riebeek, Mulderbosch, De Morgenzon, Rudera, Ken Forrester, and De Trafford.
Well-made Chenin Blanc is a delight to drink. The Loire Valley and South Africa both produce superb Chenin Blanc of three different styles:  unoaked and fresh;  oaked with rich layers of marmalade, honey, and peach; and  sweet … Continue reading
Our Report # 22 Grapes and Wines of the Western Loire has just been released at iwinereview.com. The Western Loire is home to many small, artisanal producers making truly unique, food-friendly wines from Chenin Blanc, Cabernet Franc, Melon (Muscadet) and … Continue reading
Raats is a rarity in South Africa—a winery that specializes in just a couple of varietals. In this case, it’s Chenin Blanc and Cabernet Franc, which just happen to be two of the most popular varietals of the Loire. Since … Continue reading