Receive Article Updates
- Chianti Rufina from Fattoria I Veroni: 2011-2014
- Ten Astounding Things We Learned About Chilean Wine
- Tuscan Coast Selections from I Giusti & Zanza
- Twenty-Five Years of Concha y Toro’s Don Melchor Cabernet Sauvignon: 1988-2013
- Eben Sadie’s Very Old Vine Wines from South Africa: The 2015 Vintage
- De Martino and Sadie Family: Old Vine Cinsault from Two Outstanding Winemakers in Chile and South Africa
- Dutton Goldfield: Outstanding 2014 Releases of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from Sonoma County
- The Farm Winery: 2013-14 New Releases from Paso Robles
- Holiday Toasts: Sparkling Rosés from Champagne and America
- A Magnificent Wine Dinner for the Holidays by Two Outstanding Chefs
About UsThis blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community--- members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Category Archives: Countries and Regions
I Veroni is one of the premiere wineries of the Chianti Rufina appellation. We review the latest releases and a vertical of the I Veroni Reserve.
We recently traveled to diverse parts of Chile to learn what’s new in Chilean wine. We saw vineyards being planted in extreme locations, adventurous young winemakers experimenting with new grape varieties and winemaking techniques, and a Chilean wine industry that … Continue reading
Eben Sadie is often proclaimed as South Africa’s most original and talented winemaker. 2015 is cited as one of South Africa’s greatest vintages ever. And the vineyards that Eben sources fruit from for his Ouwingerdreeks [Old Vine Series] are among … Continue reading
De Martino and Sadie Family: Old Vine Cinsault from Two Outstanding Winemakers in Chile and South Africa
In preparing our Chile and South Africa reports over the years, we’ve been privileged to meet and taste with Marcelo Retamal of Chile’s De Martino Winery and Eben Sadie of South Africa’s Sadie Family Winery. These outstanding winemakers seek out … Continue reading
These six new 2013 and 2014 releases from The Farm Winery in Paso Robles are terrific. We are enthusiastic about them because they reveal outstanding vineyard management and restrained winemaking. As a group these wines offer fruit forward purity, … Continue reading
Two outstanding chefs, Domenico Cornacchia of Assaggi Osteria (right) and Driss Zahidi of Evo Bistro (left) joined forces last evening preparing a magnificent holiday dinner for their customers. The dinner was held at Assaggi Osteria in McLean, VA.
Located on the volcanic slopes of Mt. Etna, Passopisciaro is an ancient vineyard which produces some of Sicily’s finest wines. It is owned by Andrea Franchetti, who pioneered the development of wine on Mt. Etna at the turn of the … Continue reading
This is the second installment of our reviews of Gary Farrell’s new 2014 releases of single-vineyard Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs and two single vineyard Zinfandels. Readers who missed the previous reviews can find them here. The wines reviewed here are … Continue reading