Christophe Baron, most famous for his vineyards in The Rocks, has a new discovery, a very steeply sloped basalt hillside vineyard called Hors Catégorie located on the north fork of the Walla Walla River near the Oregon border with Washington State. It’s a small vineyard, just 2.2 acres, planted in 2011, and already producing one of America’s most outstanding Syrahs. We toured the vineyard with Christophe, who explains the site and its challenges in his own words in this video on the International Wine Review YouTube Channel.
Receive Article Updates
- Rosés of Pinot Noir from Around the World: The 2018 Vintage
- New Sparkling Rosés from North America, Europe and South Africa
- 2018 Vintage Rosés from Spain and Portugal
- Cristal Champagne Through the Ages
- Tavel: The Rosé of Kings
- Morgan: 2017 Releases from Monterey and the Santa Lucia Highlands
- Boordy Vineyards: Reaching New Heights in Maryland
- Di Giovanna: New Releases from Sicily
- Wines of the East Coast: Rapid Progress on Many Fronts
- Dutton Goldfield Spring 2019 Portfolio Review
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.