Receive Article Updates
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
- Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine
- Freeman Winery’s 2015-2016 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Releases from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast
- Argentina’s Domaine Bousquet: High Altitude Selections from the Uco Valley
- Tannat and More from Uruguay’s Bodega Marichal
- Mt. Beautiful of North Canterbury: New Releases
- Failla Spring Releases: 2016 Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah
- The Provence Rosés of Château de Roquefeuille
- Obrigado: Impressive New Releases from Portugal
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Monthly Archives: October 2017
Sektellerei Szigeti is one of Austria’s most important producers of sparkling wine, or sekt, all made using the méthode champenoise, often with extended time on the lees. We recently met up with Peter Szigeti to taste the current releases and … Continue reading
When 4th generation wine grower Alvaro Pecorari assumed management of the family’s San Lorenzo Isontino estate in 1982, he put the focus on quality. Today Lis Neris is widely regarded as one of Friuli’s outstanding wineries and one of the … Continue reading
This is the second part of our review of Testarossa’s Chardonnay and Pinot Noir releases from the 2015 vintage. The first part focused on the estate’s excellent Chardonnays; this one focuses exclusively on Pinot Noir and one Meritage. The Pinot … Continue reading
Steindorfer is a family estate located in Austria on the eastern shore of Lake Neusidel between the towns of Illmitz and Apetlon. This location is ideally suited for the production of sweet wines and Ernst Steindorder and son Roland craft … Continue reading
Over the years we’ve had the privilege to taste wines with Susana Balbo both in Buenos Aires and at her winery outside Mendoza. Susana makes super-premium wines under her Susana Balbo, Nosotros, and Ben Marco labels at her Dominio del … Continue reading
Once again Ehren Jordan and Anne-Marie Failla (FAY-la) have crafted an exciting collection of 2015 releases of both their flagship Failla brand of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah and Day, a relatively a new Zinfandel label.
The Testarossa Winery, in Los Gatos, sources Chardonnay fruit from California’s best vineyards with special focus on Monterey’s Santa Lucia Highlands AVA. Bill Brosseau makes the wines and works closely with Testarossa’s growers. While these wines express the sites they … Continue reading
The food and wine of Friuli show the influence of Italian, Slavic, and Germanic cultures. Friuli is home to the country’s best cured meats, especially, prosciutto, flavorful cheeses made from cows that graze on Alpine pasture, creamy polenta, and venison … Continue reading