Receive Article Updates
- J Lohr Vineyards New Releases from Paso Robles, Napa & Arroyo Seco
- Herdade do Rocim: New Releases from Portugal’s Alentejo
- German Rieslings from the Mosel: SA Prüm, Willi Haag, and Dr H Thanisch
- Morgan Winery: New 2016-2017 Releases from the Santa Lucia Highlands and Monterey
- Quady North: Serious Rosé from Oregon
- Galicia’s Quinta da Muradella: Authentic Wines from Monterrei
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
- Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine
- Freeman Winery’s 2015-2016 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Releases from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Monthly Archives: July 2013
Andrea and Chris Mullineux seem a bit young to be called great winemakers, but it’s a title they’ve justly earned. Not only did we give them rave reviews in our Report # 30 The Wines of South Africa, but the … Continue reading
In the recent past (geologically speaking), Washington State was home to one of nature’s most cataclysmic events, which shaped the terrain and soils of the vineyards that today produce some of the world’s best wine grapes, which we had the … Continue reading
Francis Coppola Winery’s talented winemaker, Corey Beck, has crafted some lovely wines for summer drinking from California’s outstanding 2012 vintage. Reviewed here are two Sauvignon Blancs and three Pinot Noirs from different collections. All are delicious and the same kind … Continue reading
We recently tasted a wine made following a two thousand year old Roman recipe, thanks to Joel Butler, co-author of the recently published book, Divine Vintage: Following the Wine Trail from Genesis to the Modern Age. Joel brought the wine … Continue reading
David Lake (1943-2009) was one of the most influential pioneers in the history of the Washington State wine industry. He is credited with producing Washington State’s first vineyard-designated wines as well as the state’s first Syrah.