Receive Article Updates
- J Lohr Vineyards New Releases from Paso Robles, Napa & Arroyo Seco
- Herdade do Rocim: New Releases from Portugal’s Alentejo
- German Rieslings from the Mosel: SA Prüm, Willi Haag, and Dr H Thanisch
- Morgan Winery: New 2016-2017 Releases from the Santa Lucia Highlands and Monterey
- Quady North: Serious Rosé from Oregon
- Galicia’s Quinta da Muradella: Authentic Wines from Monterrei
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
- Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine
- Freeman Winery’s 2015-2016 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Releases from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Thirty years ago Lionello Marchesi, a successful Italian industrialist, decided to follow his passion and make wine. Today he owns three estates in Tuscany: Coldisole in Montalcino, Poggio alle Sughere in the Maremma, and Castello di Monastero in Chianti Classico. … Continue reading
Paso Robles is home to some of California’s oldest and most distinguished Zinfandel vineyards, including the Dante Dusi Vineyard, planted in 1945, the Pesenti Vineyard, planted in 1922, and the Uerberroth Vineyard, planted in 1885. A few days ago, Dusi … Continue reading
Neil Ellis is one of the pioneers of modern South African wine. Starting out as a negociant in the 1980s, he progressed to making his own wine, which now includes several labels reviewed here—Neil Ellis Premium Range, Sincerely, and Left … Continue reading