Trentadue Winery is one of the finest family wineries in Alexander Valley. Established some 40 years ago by Leo and Evelyn Trentadue, the winery has gained a well-deserved reputation for producing some of California’s best value Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and other premium reds. The winery also produces wines of outstanding quality in a reserve series called La Storia. The wines in this series are sourced from old vines and special parcels and benefit from extended barrel aging. We recently reviewed the new releases of Trentadue. We were especially impressed with the 2009 Viognier (90 Points), which was new to us, and with the 2009 La Storia Zinfandel 40th Anniversary Collector’s Edition (92 Points). Consumers should find these wines very attractive for their quality-to-price ratio. The wines are made by one of Alexander Valley’s renowned winemakers, Miro Tcholakov. The full reviews of these wines can be found on our home page.
- Bibbiano Chianti Classico: New Releases June 30, 2020
- Proposed US Wine Tariffs Would Radically Change the Wine Market June 29, 2020
- 2019 Vintage Rosés from Around the World June 19, 2020
- The Craig Stoller Collection: Sextant and Paris Valley Road June 19, 2020
- Tavel: France’s Other Rosé May 29, 2020
- South Africa’s Top Ten Sparkling Cuvées in 2020 May 28, 2020
- Tenuta Santa Maria: New Valpolicella and Amarone Releases May 24, 2020
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Lake County’s Hawk and Horse Vineyard: 2008-2016 May 21, 2020
- Clarice: 2018 Pinot Noirs from the Santa Lucia Highlands May 18, 2020
- Selections from J.K. Carriere of the Willamette Valley May 13, 2020
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.