Trentadue Winery is one of the finest family wineries in Alexander Valley. Established some 40 years ago by Leo and Evelyn Trentadue, the winery has gained a well-deserved reputation for producing some of California’s best value Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and other premium reds. The winery also produces wines of outstanding quality in a reserve series called La Storia. The wines in this series are sourced from old vines and special parcels and benefit from extended barrel aging. We recently reviewed the new releases of Trentadue. We were especially impressed with the 2009 Viognier (90 Points), which was new to us, and with the 2009 La Storia Zinfandel 40th Anniversary Collector’s Edition (92 Points). Consumers should find these wines very attractive for their quality-to-price ratio. The wines are made by one of Alexander Valley’s renowned winemakers, Miro Tcholakov. The full reviews of these wines can be found on our home page.
Receive Article Updates
- Natural Wine Gains Respect: Recommended Italian Producers
- Anthill Farms Winery: Outstanding Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah from Northern California
- De Krans: Outstanding Port-Style Wines from Calitzdorp
- The Wines of Donum Estate in Los Carneros
- Dutton Goldfield Cool Climate Pinot Noir from the California Coast
- Mullineux Wines of the Swartland: It’s All About the Soils
- The Best Rosé Champagnes from our 2020 Champagne Report
- Avondale: A Natural Leader in South Africa’s Paarl Wine Region
- Damien Martin’s Wines from the Mâconnais
- Maryland’s Boordy Vineyards: New Releases
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.