Receive Article Updates
- Book Review Rosé: Understanding the Pink Wine Revolution by Elizabeth Gabay MW
- Bulgaria’s Very Modern Castra Rubra Winery: Michel Rolland Travels East
- J Lohr Vineyards New Releases from Paso Robles, Napa & Arroyo Seco
- Herdade do Rocim: New Releases from Portugal’s Alentejo
- German Rieslings from the Mosel: SA Prüm, Willi Haag, and Dr H Thanisch
- Morgan Winery: New 2016-2017 Releases from the Santa Lucia Highlands and Monterey
- Quady North: Serious Rosé from Oregon
- Galicia’s Quinta da Muradella: Authentic Wines from Monterrei
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Roberto Schroeder’s ancestors emigrated from Germany in the early 19th century. Today Roberto is another kind of pioneer, developing an ultra-modern winery in Neuquén, a Patagonian province not previously known for fine wine. The area he selected, San Patricio del … Continue reading
Galilee (near Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee on the map) and the Judaen Hills (near Jerusalem) are the locus of Israel’s new boutique wineries, which are making world-class wines. Small producers like Margalit, Flam, Tulip, Pelter, Tzora and Adir … Continue reading
Two thousand years ago, vineyards grew on the plains of present-day Jordan and produced the wines consumed by the Nabateans of Petra. Recently discovered cave paintings (shown here) and the Qasr Al-Bint Temple [pictured below] dedicated to the Nabatean’s chief … Continue reading