Receive Article Updates
- Hermanos Hernáiz La Emperatriz Wines from Rioja Alta
- Worth Another Glass? How reliable are the wine reviews in Gambero Rosso’s annual Vini d’Italia Guide?
- Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine
- Freeman Winery’s 2015-2016 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Releases from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast
- Argentina’s Domaine Bousquet: High Altitude Selections from the Uco Valley
- Tannat and More from Uruguay’s Bodega Marichal
- Mt. Beautiful of North Canterbury: New Releases
- Failla Spring Releases: 2016 Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah
- The Provence Rosés of Château de Roquefeuille
- Obrigado: Impressive New Releases from Portugal
This blog offers brief articles and wine reviews for the i-WineReview community— members of the trade and discerning wine consumers around the world. It compliments our in-depth bi-monthly regional reports and wine review articles on www.i-winereview.com.
Monthly Archives: May 2010
If you love the richness and depth of a top-rated Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon but wish to expand your horizons a bit, try the muscular yet elegant Tempranillo based wines of Ribera del Duero. We’re currently tasting hundreds of these … Continue reading
Chenin Blanc not only makes some of the world’s greatest wines, it is also one of the wine kingdom’s most versatile grapes. The Loire Valley is home to Chenin Blanc, and many of its wines are not only of superb … Continue reading
South African Chenin Blanc: Some of the Best from Raats, Riebeek, Mulderbosch, De Morgenzon, Rudera, Ken Forrester, and De Trafford.
Well-made Chenin Blanc is a delight to drink. The Loire Valley and South Africa both produce superb Chenin Blanc of three different styles:  unoaked and fresh;  oaked with rich layers of marmalade, honey, and peach; and  sweet … Continue reading
Our Report # 22 Grapes and Wines of the Western Loire has just been released at iwinereview.com. The Western Loire is home to many small, artisanal producers making truly unique, food-friendly wines from Chenin Blanc, Cabernet Franc, Melon (Muscadet) and … Continue reading