The Terroir Wines of Undurraga
Founded in the late 1800s, Undurraga is one of Chile’s classic wineries. Many of us remember their round pear shaped bottles that gave us sustenance during our undergraduate days. Like us, Undurraga has changed, developing wines that express the unique terroirs of Chile. When we produced our last report on Chile, we met with winemaker Rafael Urrejola to taste the newly released T.H. (Terroir Hunter) line of wines. These are wines made from selected vineyard parcels in Chile’s most special terroirs. We were impressed and asked to see future vintages of the wines. Recently, Testa Wines, the US importer of Undurraga, sent us wines from the three of Undurraga’s brands: Altazor, Founder’s Collection, T.H., Sibaris, and the U series. Our reviews of these wines follow below.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only