2011 Selections from the CÔte de Nuits: Vallet FrÈres, Quivy, Jacques Cacheux, Jean-Jacques Confuron, and Robert Groffier
The 2011 vintage in Burgundy was another winner. Total production was larger than 2010 but smaller than 2009, while the quality was outstanding, especially in the Côte de Nuits, and on a par with 2009. At this stage, the reds are showing purity of fruit, and many are already drinking well. As usual, customers with the patience to cellar these wines for at least a couple of years will be generously rewarded.
In this article, we review new releases from five top end producers in the Côte de Nuits, all imported by JAO Wine Imports of McLean VA.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only