New Cornas and CÔtes du RhÔne Releases
from Jean-Luc Colombo
Sourced from steep slopes, old vines. and granitic soils, his wines reveal a remarkable combination of power, earthiness and a unique style of delicacy and refinement. Present in the wines are aromas and flavors of violets, black currants, licorice and loam. They are perfectly balanced and structured with ripe tannins and persistent finishes.
The 2010 vintage in Cornas allowed for long slow maturation of fruit in cool conditions during the later part of the growing season and during harvest, which took place from mid-September to early October. The wines show remarkable freshness and purity and provide considerable drinking pleasure today with the potential for improvement in the bottle. Bigger wines such as “La Louvee” and “Les Ruchets” are sourced from 70+ to 90+ year-old vines and need more time in the bottle to reveal their richness.
For a profile of Jean-Luc Colombo and his wines, see our profile of him in: “The Wines of Jean-Luc Colombo” .
The wines of Jean-Luc Colombo are imported by Palm Bay International.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only