New Releases from the Russian River Valley
Winemaker Gary Farrell and his long-term colleague Bill Hambrecht established Alysian in 2007 in the Russian River Valley. Gary Farrell brought three decades of winemaking experience to Alysian and a deep passion for producing Pinot Noir. We’ve had the good fortune of reviewing the Alysian Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays last year and were blown away by their elegance, refinement and flavor.
The new releases reviewed here are produced in small lots and are sourced from the finest vineyards in the Russian River Valley such as Rochioli, Floodgate and Hallberg. They are beautifully crafted and are typical of Gary Farrell’s understated style and refinement. Included in these new releases is a new Sauvignon Blanc from Floodgate Vineyard that we enjoyed for its herbaceous aromas and flavors and full mouth feel.
Garry Farrell recently left Alysian to pursue other interests.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only