The Wines of Steven Mirassou
from Livermore Valley & Beyond
The California appellation Livermore Valley has a storied past, with the Cresta Blanca Winery being the first California winery to win a wine competition in France in 1889. But to some wine aficcionados time has passed it by. Steven Kent Mirassou, a descendant of California's famous Mirassou wine family, is rapidly changing that reputation. In this article we review two stellar, single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons that he produces in boutique winery quantities at the Steven Kent Winery that he established in the late 1990s. We also review the new releases of La Rochelle Winery, also owned by Steven Mirassou and located in Livermore but sourcing top quality fruit from several appellations.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only