Testarossa Winery New Releases:
Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah
With the assistance of long-time winemaker Bill Brosseau, Rob and Diana Jensen have succeeded in making Testarossa into one of California's premiere family wineries. They began making handcrafted, small lot wines in 1993, and, while total production has now increased to 15 thousand cases, each wine—mostly vineyard designated Pinot Noir and Chardonnay—is still produced in small quantities. Testarossa sources its fruit mostly from the best vineyards in Monterey and the Santa Lucia Highlands. We tasted the wines with Rob and Diana at the winery when preparing our report on The Santa Lucia Highlands, and we tasted them again last year when doing the report on The Wines of Monterey County. We're now pleased to review some of their latest releases.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only