Golan Heights Winery & Galil Mountain:
New Releases from Israel
The Galilee is Israel's best region for viticulture owing to its high altitude, cool breezes and well- drained soils, and the fruit for many of Israel's best wines is sourced there. The Golan Heights Winery and Galil Mountain Winery are two of the outstanding producers in this region. We review their wines below. This article is one of a series of wine review articles we have written on Israeli wines. We also will soon publish an in-depth report on Israel that explores the emergence of Israel's modern wine industry, its top wineries and winemakers, along with, of course, extensive reviews of wines.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only