Bodegas Valdemar of La Rioja in Spain: New Releases
The Martinez Bujanda family in Rioja owns more than 1000 acres of vineyards, making them one of the region’s largest estates. They make a full line of wines from entry level to the exclusive Bodega Inspiración de Valdemar. All wines are made only from estate fruit. A number of the wines include local varieties like Graciano, Mazuelo, Malvasia, and Maturana. In addition to the Bodega Inspiración de Valdemar line, the wines reviewed below include Valdemar, Conde de Valdemar, and Conde de Valdemar Vendímia Seleccionada Gran Reserva. Bodegas Valdemar wines are imported by CIV USA of Sacramento CA.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only