Luxury Champagnes (prestige cuvées) are the finest Champagnes offered by the Grandes Marques and other Champagne houses. They are produced from the finest grand cru vineyards and are special because of their complexity, elegance and refinement. Champagne houses generally release these wines when they are ready to drink. However, these luxury cuvées are also suitable for cellaring and often improve with age. Luxury Champagnes generally cost twice the price of top vintage Champagne, but they can also be extraordinary, as these tasting notes and ratings reveal.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only