Ravenswood 2008 New Releases:
Single Vineyard Zinfandels, Icon, and Pickberry
Joel Peterson started his wine career as a Zinfandel garagiste, making just a few hundred cases a year when his newly founded Ravenswood winery opened for business in 1976. He quickly became famous for his Zinfandel, especially the single vineyard series made from low yielding old vines, and, today, the total output of Ravenswood exceeds a million cases. In recognition of his contribution to California wine, and especially Zinfandel, he has twice served as President of ZAP [Zinfandel Advocates and Producers]. We recently had the opportunity to taste his 2008 single vineyard Zinfandels in addition to the 2007 Pickberry Bordeaux blend and the 2008 Icon red blend. Our reviews of these superb wines are given below.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only