Wines of Miro Tcholakov: Trentadue & Miro Cellars
Miro Tcholakov is an American/Bulgarian success story. He studied enology at the Higher Institute of Agriculture in Plovdiv after which he participated in a Future Farmers of America exchange program, which took him to Napa Valley. From there he became assistant winemaker at Dry Creeks Vineyard and in 1998 winemaker at Trentadue. He subsequently established his own winery, Miro Cellars, while continuing to make first class wines for Trentadue, including the superb La Storia reserves. We review the new releases of Trentadue and Miro Cellars below. These excellent wines confirm our earlier reviews of them.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only