McIntyre Vineyards: New Releases from the Arroyo Seco, Santa Lucia Highlands, and Monterey AVAs
We visited Steve McIntyre while preparing our 2009 report on the Santa Lucia Highlands. Now that we’re beginning work on our next report on the Wines of Monterey County, we decided it was time to retaste Steve’s complete wine portfolio. Steve makes some of the County’s best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from three different AVAs—Arroyo Seco, Monterey, and the Santa Lucia Highlands. He recently introduced a special Chardonnay and Pinot Noir made from selected vineyard blocks; we also review those wines.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only