Great Values from an Excellent Vintage
The 2010 Sauternes have been the focus of attention recently. Some commentators claim 2010 may well surpass the legendary 2009 vintage. As is often the case, very good vintages are overlooked in all the excitement over the newest kid on the block. We recently had the opportunity to taste the 2007 Sauternes in preparation for our upcoming Report #27 Sweet Wines of the World. Our conclusion? This is an excellent vintage with many superb wines offered at very reasonable prices. Our recommendation? Go ahead and buy 2010 futures, but for superb drinking now (and in the future) do not pass over the 2007 Sauternes. As our tasting notes below show, there are some excellent values to be found in this vintage.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only