Maison Louis Jadot: 2009 Burgundies
Jacques Lardière, Louis Jadot Winemaker since 1980, recently brought us samples of the 2009 Burgundies, already bottled but not yet released. The 2009 vintage produced a large crop of beautiful ripe fruit that is being likened to the vintage of 1959, yielding seductive wines that give immediate pleasure. A warm late summer permitted the grapes to ripen fully, and the result is, in our opinion, sweet, rich and well structured wines that are easy to drink. Even the village wines are ripe and fruity. The acidity levels in these wines are somewhat lower than in 2008, but their tannins contribute to liveliness and freshness on the palate.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only