Israeli Wines: Focus on the Jerusalem Mountains
Boutique wineries are producing high quality, premium wines in Galilee and the Jerusalem Mountains. One result is growing exports of Israeli wines. In this, our second article on the wines of Israel, we focus on the up and coming wineries of the Jerusalem Mountains (also known as the Judean Hills). These include Agur, Domaine du Castel, Ella Valley, Psagot, Tzuba, and Yatir. They are among the more than 30 wineries in the region producing wines that deserve the attention of our readers. In our previous article we reviewed the wines of FLAM and Tzora, two excellent producers in the Judean Hills. Future articles are forthcoming on the wines and wineries of Galilee and other regions, as well as on special topics relating to the growth and development of Israeli wine.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only