Pioneers of Monterey:
Morgan Winery and its New Releases from 2008 & 2009
Dan and Donna Lee are among the modern day pioneers of Monterey. Organically farmed Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah are the stars of their Morgan Winery. But they also make very respectable wines from exotic Portuguese varietals like Verdelho, Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, and Tinta Roriz. We last tasted these wines over a year ago at a picnic table under a live oak tree overlooking Morgan’s Double L Vineyard (see photo with Dan on the left and Mike on the right), so we thought it was time to do an update. We’ll do a serious look at other pioneers of Monterey County when we travel there this summer to prepare our in-depth report on the AVAs of Monterey.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only