Mulderbosch Wine: Reviews of Current Releases
Winemaker Mike Dobrovic and Mulderbosch contributed greatly to South Africa’s fame for making some of the world’s best Sauvignon Blanc wines. However, after twenty years at the helm, and living through two changes of ownership, Mike left in late 2009, and beginning in 2010 new chief winemaker Richard Kershaw assumed the heavy responsibility of maintaining Mulderbosch’s lofty reputation. Richard is no stranger to Mulderbosch, having worked as an assistant to Mike and later taking on wine-making responsibilities at sister winery Kanu. Prior to joining Mulderbosch, he made wine in Chile and Bordeaux. His challenge will be to take Mulderbosch and its 26 hectares of vineyards on to still greater heights under new owner Ben Truter.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only