Casillero del Diablo Wines: Devilishly Good
Viña Concha y Toro is by far Chile’s largest wine producer and exporter, representing 20 percent of total Chilean bottled wine exports. Its largest premium wine label is Casillero del Diablo, and Marcelo Papa (pictured here) and Marcio Ramírez are its lead winemakers. When we last met with Marcelo in Santiago he told us about Concha y Toro’s ambitious new plantings in some of Chile’s newer wine regions like Limarí and Casablanca. As the supply of higher quality grapes from these vineyards increases, they will make their way into the Casillero del Diablo line.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only