Israeli winemakers are on a roll. Our recent tastings of three wines from Adir Winery, a small scale producer in the Upper Galilee, confirms once again that Israel’s boutique wineries are a source of some of Israel’s highest quality wines.
Adir Winery is located in the heart of the Upper Galilee region, one of the two finest regions for wine production in Israel, the other being the Jerusalem Hills. Adir is a family-owned and operated winery (it also owns a large goat dairy) that was founded in 2003 by Avi Rosenberg who is also its current winemaker. Avi graduated as a Cellar Master from Tel Hai Academic College.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
Subscribers receive the following:
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- 6 bi-monthly, in-depth reports per year on the major wine regions of the world (3 for introductory subscriptions)
- Over 50 past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Periodic Special Wine Reports
- Access to the IWR database of over 15,000 wine reviews
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Articles on wine and food pairing and an exclusive wine and food pairing chart for subscribers only